Are you wondering about to Connect AKAI MPK Mini with FL Studio? You have this most popular MIDI keyboard and now want to connect it to FL studio, don’t worry you are in right place. You don’t need to install drivers or there is no need to update your PC in order to get it to function with your DAW as it’s plug-and-play. But you have to do some things to make it function. To connect your AKAI MPK Mini with FL Studio, you will need a USB-C to USB adapter, the USB 2.0 cord comes in the box, and off course your PC. You have to connect the adapter to your computer, after that connect the USB 2.0 Cable, and then you have to go into the Preferences of FL studio. Now, you have to select the AKAI MPK Mini from the MIDI keyboards’ list. Well, let’s dive into detail……
Connect The AKAI MPK Mini With FL Studio (macOS)
- It is straightforward to connect the AKAI MPK Mini to a macOS laptop or a desktop computer, assuming the user have the necessary adapters already.
- First of all, you have to connect USB-C to USB Cable with Your computer or device.
- After that, you have to connect the USB 2.0 (Printer Cable) from the MPK Mini to Your PC. And to do this, you have to open FL Studio, and choose Preferences, MIDI. After that, you have to select AKAI MPK Mini from the Input list. Now, you have to click on the Enable button after.
- Now, you have to open FL Studio. Then, after opening it, you have to click FL Studio > Preferences.
- You have to open up your FL Studio app and then you have to go into the Menu > Settings > Preferences. Unlike GarageBand, the FL Studio maintain a massive menu where the user can be able to choose all kinds of settings including sample size, recording, buffering, other MIDI devices, and so on.
- Next, you have to choose MIDI > select the AKAI MPK Mini in the Input List > Click on the Enable Button.
Connect AKAI MPK Mini to Work with iPhone or iPad
It’s simply different to getting the AKAI MPK Mini to function with an iPhone or iPad. It is because of that the user may require a different adapter, yet, your iPad doesn’t require a different adapter. In short, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to connect the USB/Camera Adapter to Your iPhone.
- After that, you have to run a USB 2.0 cord from your iPhone to the AKAI MPK Mini. FL Studio Mobile will get it fast. Interestingly, you don’t need to go into the settings or do anything in order to find FL Studio Mobile to get your AKAI MPK Mini. Well, the exact thing goes for your iPad, as well.
- Keep in mind that, you can only use a regular USB-C adapter for your iPad such as you did with your Laptop/PC.
Connect the iPad With FL Studio Mobile to an AKAI MPK Mini
To connect your iPad with FL Studio Mobile to an AKAI MPK Mini, you have to connect a USB-C to USB Adapter. After that, you have to run a USB 2.0 (Printer Cord) from your iPad to the AKAI MPK Mini. Now, you have to choose a software instrument, and FL Studio Mobile will find it immediately.
Does FL Studio Support Akai MPK Mini?
Such as it’s predecessor, The MPK Mini Plus is consistent with virtually any DAW or the music production software, it will function with USB/MIDI keyboards, and even included mapping presets for several famous DAWs just like FL Studio, Garage band, Ableton Live, Logic Pro.
How to Connect MIDI to FL Studio?
Firstly, you have to open FL Studio and then ensure that the ‘Enable MIDI remote control’ option is choosen in the Options menu, MIDI input is disabled otherwise. Now, you have to click on your device in the list of Input, so that it is showed. If the device is listed in the Controller type drop-down menu, you have to choose it there also.
Hopefully, you have got the right answer after reading this article. You can easily connect AKAI MPK mini to FL studio. You just have to follow the above-mentioned instructions to resolve the issue.