You have bought a Cox Homelife hub, but don’t know how to connect the Cox Homelife hub to wifi? You are wondering how to connect it to your WIFI network. Then, don’t need to be worried because connecting Cox Homelife hub to WIFI is a somewhat easy and simple method that you can do simply with a few steps. And here in this article, this method is explained very well.
Cox Homelife hub can be called a mechanization and home security system. And you can easily handle this home security system from your computer, smartphone, or tablet. This security system contains a siren, a camera, door, and window sensors, and more. But besides all these, you can add more devices to this system like a water leak sensor or smoke detector.
However in order to use it you have to connect your Cox Homelife hub to the wifi network. So, let’s go to learn about connecting Cox homelife hub to wifi with this simple method….
Connect a Cox Homelife Hub to Wi-Fi
In order to connect a Cox Homelife hub to Wi-Fi, you have to follow the following method:
- First of all, you have to make sure that your home security system is correctly connected to your Cox Modem. Well, to connect it you can observe the user manual’s instructions.
- Now, you have to launch the Cox Homelife app on your phone after confirming that your Homelife system is connected to your Cox modem. Then you have to click the Menu button and select Settings>Network in the screen’s upper-left corner of your phone.
- After that, you have to select Wi-Fi from the Network menu. And then you can be able to choose your Cox Wi-Fi network from the detected networks list by turning on the Wi-Fi toggle switch and then have to click Join.
- Now, you have to enter the password of your home Wi-Fi network in the Password field and then click on Join.
- When you have done it, your Homelife security system will be wirelessly connected to the internet network of your home.
- As you are successful in connecting the Cox Homelife hub to the Wi-Fi network of your home, you’ll be able to access the accessories of this system and can also control them from anywhere or any place.
So, if you have to face any problem connecting your Cox Homelife hub or security system to the Wi-Fi network of your home, you have to contact Cox customer support for help.
Update Your Cox Homelife Hub for Better Functionality
We always advise you to update your Cox Homelife system on a regular basis to make sure that your system is running correctly and has the latest new security features.
Sometimes, the Cox HomeLife device may be consistent, but the app version that you are utilizing isn’t up to date. In this method, your Cox HomeLife product will not function perfectly, until the app is updated.
Therefore, you should always make sure that your Cox Homelife system hub is revised and updated to the latest version.
You have to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store in order to update your Cox homelife system, and here you have to click “Update System.” It will update your home life system to the latest version that is available.
You might have to restart the app, as the update is finalized or completed. In order for optimal compatibility, you have to enable push notifications and then have to allow for automatic updates.
We also advise you to reset your Cox Homelife modem after updating the app. Through this, it will make sure that your system is working correctly.
You have to do the following steps to reset your Cox Homelife system hub:
- Firstly, you have to unplug the power adapter from your modem.
- Then you have to wait for 30 seconds.
- After that, you have to plug the power adapter into the modem.
Reset the Cox Homelife Hub
You have to reset your system, if you are facing any issues in connecting your Cox Homelife system to the Wi-Fi network of your home.
You have to reset your system just by visiting the Cox Homelife website. Here you have to select “Reset System” from the menu. Doing this will restore your homelife system to its default settings before permitting you to customize it as you would expect.
What Is Cox Homelife Hub?
Cox Homelife hub is a smart home security system. This home life system helps you keep up and connected to all that’s happening around your home. So, you can be able to keep an eye on your pets as well as deliveries while on the go, you can see who’s at your door and can easily control it all just from your phone or laptop.
What Is the Mean By A Hub Wifi?
A Wi-Fi hub is known as a wireless router, it is like a small electronic appliance or device supplied by your internet service provider which authorizes you to connect to the internet network.
What Is the Hub Password of Your Wifi?
You can find your Wifi hub password and your WiFi network’s name on the bottom or back side of your hub (until you’ve changed both of them). If you’ve failed or forgotten what you changed them to, then you can reset these to their default. Remember your password is always case sensitive, so you have to enter your password just the same as it’s shown or how you created your password.
Don’t wonder about how to connect the Cox Homelife hub to wifi, just follow the above-mentioned step-by-step method and get rid of your problem. Hopefully, after reading this article you have to properly understand everything that you need to know!