Are you trying to connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless? Most people try to get their Zosi DVR connected to their wifi without spending a lot of money, well they can do it. Here we are going to discuss how to connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless or to connect it with your Wi-Fi without using any cables to save your money.
You can connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless by using a wireless bridge or a powerline adapter. You can also use an Ethernet over a power adapter in this case. So, let’s in detail
Connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless
To Connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless, you have to follow these steps
First of all, you have to buy a Wireless Adapter to connect Zosi DVR to WiFi Wireless. As you plug the wireless adapter into the back of your DVR, it will let you connect to the internet without running a physical cable.
Now, you have to connect your Wireless Adapter to Your Zosi DVR. If you like to utilize your Zosi DVR without being run and tethered to a physical cable connection, then you have to connect it to your home WiFi network.
You can do it just by using a wireless adapter, letting your DVR communicate with your router wirelessly. Following are the guidelines on how to do it
- First of all, you have to make sure that your DVR and your wireless adapter are powered on.
- After that, you have to locate the port located on the back of the DVR. This port will labeled as Ethernet. This is the port where you have to plug in the wireless adapter.
- Now, you have to take the Ethernet cable that you can get with your adapter or came with your wireless adapter. Then, you have to plug side end into your adapter, then you have to plug the other side end into the Ethernet port placed on your DVR.
- As you have plugged in this cable, you have to turn on your TV and then you will use the remote control that came with your DVR to navigate to the Network menu.
- Then, you have to select the Wireless Setup option in the “Network menu.
- Now, you have to choose the wireless network’s type that you’re using (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz), then you have to enter your WiFi password when prompted.
After that, you have to configure Your Wireless Adapter. You can easily connect Zosi DVR to wifi wireless without using any cables. Firstly, you have to configure your wireless adapter. You have to set the password and SSD for your router.
After that, you have to go to the web-based setup page of the page.
Now, you will Connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless. You will feel it as a daunting task, but it’s quite easy in actuality – a wireless router and an Ethernet cable are the things that you will require. Following are the steps to do it:
- First of all, you have to connect your DVR to your router by using the Ethernet cable.
- After that, you have to open the Menu and then you will go to the Network settings.
- Now, you have to choose Wireless and then you have to enter your WiFi password.
- Next, you will choose the option Save and then reboot your DVR.
FAQs to Connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless
Does ZOSI DVR have a Reset Button?
It is very simple to reset your Zosi DVR without a password! that you require to do it is just that you have to press and hold the reset button which is placed on the back of your device for about 10 seconds. As you pressed the reset button, the unit will finalize or complete its internal reset and then return to the factory settings.
Why Can’t You Connect to the Network on Zosi?
If you cannot be able to connect to your network, you have to make sure that you don’t have any firewall active on your Wi-Fi network so that you can limit the connection. You have to be required to open ports 80, 5000, and 5001 located on your router if they’re recently been blocked by the firewall.
How do You Connect to WiFi Without Ethernet?
Ethernet is known as a wired connection, so if you need to connect to your wireless Wi-Fi network, you don’t have Ethernet at all. Using a Wi-Fi adapter is the best way to connect to your Wi-Fi network. A few desktop PCs and several laptops have them built-in, but there are add-in ones you can purchase.
Can You Use Zosi DVR Without WiFi?
None of the DVR system need an internet connection to be utilized locally. The internet connection is utilized to let the remote connection just using a smartphone application or using a PC client. Such features won’t be usable, but the system will still function just like a local security system with storage and recording.
If you are trying to connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi wireless, then here are several solutions for you. You can do it easily even without running any cables. The most direct and simple way to connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi wireless is to use a wireless bridge, which will plug into the DVR and then Connect Zosi DVR to Wi-Fi Wireless.
A powerline adapter to make a wired connection between your router and your DVR using the electrical wiring of your home is another option.