Are you worried about how to connect Sony XM5 to Mac? The Sony XM5 wireless noise-canceling headphones are very popular and offer their users exceptional sound rates and also offer advanced characteristics. If you have a Mac and need to connect Sony XM5 to a Mac, but you donYou know how to do it, don’t need to be worried, here is a step-by-step guide to connect your headphones to your Mac. So, let’s dive into detail…..
Step-by-Step Guide to Connect Sony XM5 to Mac
To connect Sony XM5 to Mac, you have to follow these below-mentioned steps:
Step 1 Charging
Before starting the connecting process, you have to make sure that your headphones are adequately charged. It means you must charge your headphones fully before connecting the Sony XM5 to you’re the Mac. You have to connect an included USB- charging port which is found on the headphones and then connect the other end to a power source. You have to let your headphones to charge until their battery is full.
Step 2 Activate Pairing Mode
After charging the headphones, you have to activate the pairing mode on your Sony XM5, to connect Sony XM5 to Mac. So, you have to follow these instructions:
- Firstly, you have to make sure that the headphones are turned off.
- Then, you have to press and hold the power button located on the right ear cup until you have heard the pairing instructions. Now, the LED indicator that you will see on the headphones will begin to blink red and blue, showing that your headphones are now in pairing mode.
Step 3 Ready your Mac for Bluetooth Pairing
Navigate to the menu bar placed at the screen’s top on your Mac and then, you have to click on the “Apple” icon. Now, you have to choose “System Preferences”, from the drop-down menu. Then, in the System Preferences window, you will locate the “Bluetooth” option and then click on this icon.
Step 4 Pairing Your Headphones with Mac
- First of all, you have to go to the Bluetooth settings window on your Mac to ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on.
- Then, the Mac will begin scanning for available devices. You have to wait for the “WH-1000XM5” to appear in the discovered devices list.
- Now, you have to click on the “WH-1000XM5” in the list to instigate the pairing procedure.
- Then, you have to follow any on-screen prompts to finalize the pairing procedure.
Step 5 Confirm the Connection
Now, after completing the pairing procedure, on your Mac, you will see a confirmation message implying that the Sony WH-XM5 is now connected and ready to use. The LED indicator placed on your headphones will also turn fluorescent blue.
Step 6 Adjust (Optical) Audio Settings
Your Mac will route the audio output to your connected Sony WH-XM5 headphones. Yet, you can now confirm or verify and can adjust the audio settings if required.
- Firstly, on your Mac you have to go to the menu bar and then you will click on the speaker icon.
- After that, you have to select “Sony WH-1000XM5” as the chosen audio output device from the drop-down menu.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Mac?
On Mac, you have to select Apple menu > System Settings, then you have to click the ‘’Bluetooth’’ icon in the sidebar. (Here you may be required to scroll down.) Now, you have to hold the pointer over your device in the list, then you will click on the ‘’Connect’’ option. If asked, you have to click Accept (or you have to enter a numbers series, then you will press the option ‘’Enter’’).
How to Connect Sony XM5 to Multiple Devices?
Utilize your device on which the “Sony | Headphones Connect” application is installed or put in to verify a Bluetooth connection with your headphones. Then, you have to turn on [Connect to 2 devices simultaneously] exactly with the “Sony | Headphones Connect” application. You have to perform the second device to appoint a Bluetooth connection with the headphones.
Why won’t the Sony XM5 connect to the Laptop?
In this situation, you have to delete the pairing information for the headphone from your device and then you have to pair them again. Now, you have to restart the connected ddevice like a computer or a smartphone that you use, and then you will pair your headset and your device again. You have to reset your headset. Then, initialize your headset, and pair your headset and device again.
Does Sony XM5 Function With Apple?
This type of pair does support the 360 Reality Audio tech of Sony (that is identical to spatial audio) for both Android and iOS devices, but it only functions with some streaming services such as Deezer, Tidal, and Amazon Music Unlimited
The process of Connecting Sony XM5 to a Mac is straightforward and lets you enjoy high-quality audio and you can get the benefits of noise cancellation. You can make this connection just by following the above-mentioned guidelines. Hopefully, this article will help you a lot!