Are you thinking about connecting Canon GM2522 to your iPhone because you are tired of opening your PC in order to print out something on your mg2522 printer? But you don’t know how to connect Canon GM2522 to your iPhone.
Yes, it’s possible to connect Canon MG2522 to an iPhone such as you connect it to a WiFi router, Windows, Chromebook, and others. Well, here is a simple step-by-step guideline on how to connect it to your iPhone.
Connect Canon MG2522 to Printer And Print
In order to connect Cannon MG2522 to Printer, you have to follow this step-by-step guideline:
1. Connect Canon MG2522 to iPhone
Follow the below-mentioned process in order to connect the Canon mg2522 to iPhone:
- First, you have to ensure that both your Canon printer and iPhone are connected to the exact same network.
- After that, you have to attach the rear panel of the printer to one end of the Internet line.
- Then, you have to connect the cable’s other side or end to the wireless router’s internet port.
- After doing this, now you have to open the settings of your iPhone. Then you have to tap on the Printers option.
- Now, you have to tap on the drop-down button in order to Create Printer Station and then you will select Printer.
- Next, you have to choose the Canon mg2522 printer from all the available printer lists.
- Now, you have to try a Print Test in order to check if the Canon printer and iPhone are connected. Well, you can choose what you need to print as per your desire.
- Lastly, you have to tap on the Save button in order to complete the procedure.
2. Print From iPhone With Canon MG2522 Printer Using AirPrint
In order to print from an iPhone with a Canon printer, you can use Airprint. By using AirPrint, you can be able to print documents, photos, emails, and web pages from your iPhone, and there is no requirement to install and settle down any extra software.
To use AirPrint, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to make sure that your Canon printer is turned on and connected to LAN.
- Then, you have to open your iPhone and then tap on the Operations icon.
- After that, you have to select Print from the Menu that is displayed.
- Now, you have to select the Canon printer from the option of the Select Printer.
- Here, you can be able to modify and change the settings of the printer in the Printer options as per your choices such as –format, page range, the number of copies you want to print, whether you like a double-sided printout, etc.
- Then, you have to tap on the Print option.
- Now, your Canon mg2522 printer will print as per the selected choices.
3. Print On Your Canon Printer Using an iPhone Without Airprint
mg2522 does not support AirPrint:
If you have no access point still you can be able to print instantly from your iPhone.
You have to turn off your iPhone’s sleep mode if you have turned it on.
Now you have to follow the below-mentioned steps but keep in mind that the steps may vary depending upon your iPhone’s modal:
- First, you have to visit the AppStore and then download Canon Print Inkjet or SELPHY. In order to download SELPHY you must have an Apple account.
- So, you will visit the AppStore and there in the search field, you will type Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY. After searching, download and install it.
- After completing the installation you have to open iPhone Settings and then turn on Wi-Fi.
- You need to ensure to extract any memory card or USB flash drive from your device.
- Now, you have to go to the Settings screen of SELPHY and then tap on the Menu button.
- Next, you have to press the up and down arrow keys in order to select WIFI settings.
- Then you have to select OK.
- After that, you have to choose Connection Settings utilizing both the up arrow and down arrow keys. And then select OK.
- Now, you have to choose Canon printer and then select OK. Here you can change the name of the printer just by tapping on the EDIT button.
- Next, you have to use the up arrow and down arrow keys and select Direct Connection and then you will tap OK.
- After doing that the next screen will show the password. Well, by pushing this Edit button you can edit the password.
- Now you have to connect to the network that is exhibited on the screen of your printer by using your iPhone.
- Here, you have to select the name of the Network in the WiFi settings of your iPhone and then enter the password in the password area.
- Now, you have to return to the Home screen and then have to tap on the Canon Print Inkjet SELPHY icon on your iPhone.
- Then, you will tap on the photos or items you like to print. Then tap Select.
- Next, you will tap on the option of Print.
- After that, you have to tap on the option of Change Settings to select your printing preferences or choices.
- Lastly, you will tap on the Print button.
- Keep in mind when the printing procedure starts, you have to ensure not to disconnect the devices or not perform any other job on your iPhone or printer.
FAQs Of Connect Canon GM2522 to iPhone
Is the MG2522 Printer Bluetooth?
The printer is organized to communicate with a computer via an objective A-to-B USB cord just. The MG2522 does not deliver wireless connectivity.
Can You Connect Canon MG2522 to Wi-Fi?
You have to tap the option of Change Wired/Wireless to move with the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer format MG2522. Then you have to select the name of your wireless network from the available networks list (SSID). Now, choose your SSID and then enter the network key in order to connect your Canon MG2522 Printer to WiFi.
We hope you have got all the necessary information that you need to know if you are a user of the Cannon MG2522 printer. And have fully learned about to connect Canon MG2522 to iPad!