Are you struggling to Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco? But you can’t be successful in making this connection. Don’t fret, you are in the right place to get an easy solution. Here is an easy guideline to Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco. So, let’s dive into detail.
Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco
If for some reason, you need to Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco but without resetting your whole Deco network and without reconfiguring it, then you have to follow the below-mentioned instructions to Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco.
Keep in mind that features available in Deco may depend on different models and may vary on the software version. All the steps which are described here just are examples and they may not reflect your actual or real Deco experience.
Before starting the process, you must have to connect your phone to the Wi-Fi network of the Deco, if you can’t do it, then you can’t see the option of “Set Main Deco”. Follow these steps:
- First of all, you have to open the Deco app. You have to tap the Network module on your homepage.
- After that, you to tap and choose “Set Main Deco”.
- Now, you have to choose the Satellite Deco that you like to use as your Main Deco, after that you have to follow the app instructions to complete the setting.
Troubleshooting Tips And Tricks
- If your phone Displays connected to the name of Deco’s Wi-Fi but still can’t be able to see the Set Main Deco option, then you have to force your Deco application to close first. After that, you have to open the application again and then you will go to More > Wi-Fi Settings, double confirm, or verify your phone is connected to the network Deco. Then, you have to reopen the Deco app to attempt.
- If your new main Deco cannot get or find an Internet connection after you change the main Deco, the reason may be that your old main Deco MAC address is recorded on your modem. So, you have to power off your modem completely for about 5 minutes and then you have to restart it to troubleshoot the issue.
Connect the New Deco to the Main Deco
To Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, you are needed to connect to the current Deco Wi-Fi network to start ” Replace Main Deco”.
- As you have rightly connected, the Deco APP will try to search for the new Deco.
- As the Deco APP has found it, from the old main unit, it will sync the previous network settings.
Troubleshooting Tips And Tricks
If after you have changed the main Deco,
the new main Deco still cannot get an Internet connection, the reason may be that your old main Deco’s MAC address is recorded on your modem. To troubleshoot you have to power off the modem rightly for about 5 minutes and then you have to restart the modem.
FAQs To Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco
Which Deco should be the Main One?
Case 1. If the user need to set up a Powerline Backhaul network. If the user have more than 2 Deco P7 or if have Deco P9 units and need a Powerline backhaul network, then, the user have to choose Deco P7 or Deco P9 as the main Deco (Deco P7 priors to Deco P9).
Why does Deco have Two Ethernet Ports on It?
One of the 2 Ethernet ports of Deco is utilized in order to connect to the modem for the main node, while the purpose of the other port can be that it is used for a wired device such as your desktop as it is available with a traditional router. And for all the other nodes, these 2 ports can be used for wired devices.
Can You have 2 Deco Networks?
Yes, you can be able to create different Deco networks in the Deco application using your TP-Link ID and you can easily manage them conveniently from the Deco app with one account.
Does the Main Deco Require to be Wired?
The Deco can replace your router. One Deco should be connected to your Internet Modem, not to your router) through the Ethernet. The other(s) can be found anywhere in the range, but function even better or better if they are connected through the ethernet.
Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco is not too much tricky, the process is just straightforward. You can easily Connect Satellite Deco to the Main Deco just by following the above-mentioned instructions.