Connect Onn Soundbar to TV is not a difficult task. It’s a good addition to TV because Onn Soundbar has to provide you with the perfect and best sound. But you don’t know how to connect Onn Soundbar to TV, so, don’t worry here is everything for your solution!
You can apply different ways to connect Onn Soundbar to the TV, it just depends on what equipment or tools you have. So, let’s go to solve the issue by following the step-by-step guideline.
Step 1: Order the Right Connections
- First of all, on your TV you have to find an HDMI input labeled which stands for audio return channel. It means that your TV’s all sounds will go through the soundbar. Alternatively, you can use the included optical cable along with the HDMI cable if you don’t have the HDMI input labeled.
- After that, you will attach one end of the HDMI cable into Tv’s HDMI ARC input and the other side put into the smart soundbar.
- Now, you have to plug the optical cable into the port that is labeled “Optical” or “Digital Audio”. You will not use the optical cable if you have an HDMI Input which says “ARC”. Now, you have to Turn on your TV and then ensure that you enable CEC. With this setting,, you will control your TV by using the Roku remote or by adjusting the soundbar volume with the remote of the TV.
- Different names are given for the settings by the TV manufacturers. So, you have to check the owner’s manual.
- This setting will automatically turn on during the setup if your TV is Roku. Here, that you’ve enabled CEC, let’s find the smart soundbar set up on the remote of the TV. Look at the button that says Source or input or something like that. Ensure that the same HDMI input is toggled as the one you use to pair the smart soundbar. On the screen, it won’t show anything yet.
Step: 2 Powering Up the Remote and Smart soundbar
- Firstly, you have to plug a power cable into a wall outlet and then the power cable’s other end into the soundbar. When you do this, you will see the Roku logo on the screen.
- If you have selected the wrong input on your TV you can’t see the logo. After that, you have to put the batteries into the remote and ensure that the batteries are seated rightly or positioned correctly. Next, you will select your language.
Step 3: Pairing Onn Soundbar to the Network
- First of all, you have to choose your wireless network, and then enter the password. This Password is case-sensitive. You are right to continue if all the checks show green.
- If on the image a red X appears, then you have to go to go.roku.com/onnsoundbar and search “I am unable to connect to my wireless network”.
- Smart soundbar getS the latest software if you download it correctly. Anytime when you want you can do it. This way, your soundbar will have them too, when there are the latest channel updates.
- This will prompt you to set the display type after that the soundbar downloads the latest software. So, you have to Press OK on the remote, and the soundbar will determine a good resolution for your TV automatically.
- Now, you have to select YES, if the screen is displaying rightly. Otherwise, you have to try changing the resolution. If the TV doesn’t have ARC, you might see this message.
- Next, you have to enable CEC in the settings of your TV. If you see that your TV doesn’t have ARC, then you have to select “my TV doesn’t support ARC” in order to skip this step and then employ the optical input. Finally, the activation screen will be seen.
Step 4: Activation of Your Onn Soundbar
- In order to create and activate your Roku account, you have to follow the on-screen prompt. You just have to sign in if you have a Roku account already. Now, you have to add your few favorite channels so that these channels will be ready to stream on TV.
- You can always add more later by
- Just by clicking “Add Channel” you can add more and can remove any channel just by clicking “Remove Channel” below the selected channels. This process will take a few moments and then you’re all set!
FAQs Of Connect Onn Soundbar to TV
Can You Control Your Soundbar With Your SmartPhone?
You need to add a soundbar to the SmartThings app. You can be able to use your phone in order to turn the soundbar on and off just by registering your device in this app (SmartThing App), and also can adjust the volume and can change the sound mode.
How Do You Update Your Soundbar Software?
You have to open the SmartThings app on your phone, and after that navigate to and then access the control menu you have to select the soundbar. Now, you will tap the More options icon (that is the three vertical dots) that is placed in the screen’s top right corner. Next, you have to tap Information. After that, you will tap Firmware Update and then will tap Update Now option.
What Is the Soundbar App?
Easy operation is provided by Sound Bar Controller for select Yamaha sound bars by using your tablet or Smartphone device. It helps to control functions for your sound bar just like volume up/down and like input selection.
To Connect Onn Soundbar to TV is not a difficult task, it does not require high technical skills, even everyone can easily Connect Onn Soundbar to TV easily just by following our above-mentioned simple step-by-step guidelines. You have got a solution after reading this article!